LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bangkok's New Immigration Office

Well, it was a day, on the first month of the year I had to do a couple of errands for my documents and that meant also going to the new  immigration office building in its new location. I finally got my new passport   and I needed to get re-stamps on visa and permit.


The new office is a bit far as stated by some; however I'm thankful that it's easy for me to get there. All I need to do is take No.97 Van from my place and for 30baht I can be at Chaengwattana.

Here are some photos of the new government buildings in Bangkok.




















They are of modern designs and I admire personally how they come up with the idea of putting all the offices in one place. The immigration office is at the end building meaning it's not that close to the main road.



The photo above is the entrance to the road heading to the office, it's on the left. That building is the landmark for one as getting off from any public transportation or better say CAT building the safest.
No worries though, I thought it was  a great idea to come up with shuttle buses sending people to the offices and I was happy, too on the ride.




Here's how the   shuttle bus looks like.











Just take a few steps from the intersection and see the white bus park ahead of the motorcycles parking at the entrance.





I have  nothing to complain. Everything is fine with me getting to the new office, perhaps because I'm a bit nearer to the place compared to the old location. Plus, I think it is  beautiful. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment