LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm a Teacher didn't mean to be one and loving it!


I remember when I was young I never  ever intended to become a teacher. I can even still remember clearly that there was a time I told myself not to be a teacher for  reasons that my life would be as a student and that would make life the most boring one could have.

But what I am now? I am a Teacher and it is my choice. How did this change anyway? Oh well, getting a degree in Mass Communications was splendid. I worked in Corporate Communications and did enjoy enjoy in-house advertising works from designing flyers to assisting product presentations and promotions. One of the "bests" of my life until it came to a point that I thought it was fun to have a career change. I became an ESL instructor in a Korean School in Cebu and  sooner one of the Academic Supervisors. That time I was also  taking my Masters in ELT  and later I found myself here in Bangkok as an English Language Instructor.



I love my life, I don't have regular work hours as I'm working for a Language Center. It means, I can work as early as 8.30 in the morning until 9 o'clock in the evening and this varies every semester, depending on the work schedule! My school project is in a university and I got some classes in government schools this time. Been loving my work due to the variety it offers. My weekends aren't free and it's fine to get a day's off a week.  Imagine dealing with  four-year olds to 60-year-old students! It's challenging both emotionally and mentally and I have to prepare different lesson plans for different kinds of learners.


Perhaps this work feeds my  desires, I have more freedom and I'm earning enough I think. Plus the countless lessons I get to learn from the people I deal with.









Yes, I'm a TEACHER, I'm both proud and lovin' it!









No comments:

Post a Comment