LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thailand's Traditional Dress











I’ve admired Thailand's variety  in terms of  arts, food and clothing. And speaking of wardrobe, their traditional dresses are gorgeous so when I got the chance to get myself some, I didn’t let it go and here they are.

I guess I had the Thai Jakgree Style.

“This is a 2 piece style with a beaded Yokonnang (folded front) also beading on the bottom. The Top is a one piece rap around and over the left shoulder with the end left long to trail". Is often used as a evening wear or for formal ceremonies.”  Wiki








It took long to prepare for the photo shoot.  I had to be “masked” hehehe with this very thick make up and of course assisted in dressing up. All I needed to do was to raise my hands up and let the girl from there do the dressing. Do I have to mention the accessories? Naaaahh, they're just hefty! LOL!



I got so excited seeing myself wearing another country’s costume and when it was time for me to see the photos, I have to admit I was satisfied. No, not on my face but the WARDROBE lololol!


Of course, next time will be my very own Philippine Traditional Dress. I love our national costume as well only I wish I can get the chance to find studios offering the same service as I got my Thai traditional dress.


Be going home this year and that's surely one of the goals. Hehehe! These are all for now. :)



2 comments:

  1. wow! you look pretty in that Thai costume huh... not mention u look sexier and taller lololololol. what more can I say.... u look prettier than the native here in BKK :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elekx for dropping by! :)

    We are all pretty, walang ko-kontra! hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete