LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Saturday, January 9, 2010

My BED




I thought of rearranging my room, believing the alignment of furniture has something to do with my health. Talking about Feng Shui. Yes, I believe in that. :)



I wanted C-H-A-N-G-E, generally, as I stay here, and guess what? Goodness gracious! It wasn’t that easy moving my BED! It did really come to a point of me just stopping right there and then as it was, again I have to say this, really, really difficult even just pushing the heavy platform!



CHANGE, reminds me or hmmm… maybe at least makes me think that sometimes this just happens without even having a single warning. It could be a good one or the other way. As crises, catastrophes or accidents that are beyond our control or change that makes one’s life more meaningful and an achievement of one’s goal. What else?



The process is complicated, I guess, no, not the change itself but coping up with it, oh well, especially if it’s a bit undesirable. Adjusting to something fresh may not be at all times a simple thing to do, yet, if one has the avidity to get the change one wants, then it is for sure workable with endurance. There may be a point of giving up along the way, I know; nevertheless, it is surely achievable, depending on one’s determination.



This big “C” ( not the supermarket :) ) can be a gentle blessing or a surly curse that we deal in this journey. Some can be seasonal or just repetitive. The issue here is how we do handle it, as no matter what, CHANGE is all over the place and will certainly stir us from time to time.



It’s commendable if we often get the blessing of change; however, if we get the disadvantages more often than, advantages, hmmmm.. I convey, yes, ordeals, then maybe it is more of ventures then. After all, we frequently say that challenges make us strong errr……on second thought….. I mean, I always believe, those do.



Okay, one thing I just realized, my BED served and so molded me to be fervid in a way pointing out the physical, emotional and the mental aspect of my being. Hope this doesn’t sound too (three, four and five) contemplative, it’s precisely an idea for now. :)



It was for real TOUGH! to maneuver it from one direction to the other ( you’ll know if you can see my bed lol! ) but I completed it anyway and I got the CHANGE I wanted. Yeah, I made it!



Thanks to my BED, it reminds me of lots of things I’m dealing with, I get effete sometimes; nonetheless, I’m thankful at any rate I do manage to work with the challenges I meet every now and then. Moreover, still huuurrrmmm…I’m fiiiiinnneeee!!! lolololololol! Seriously, I AM JUST FINE. Probably, even BETTER….and STRONGER.



By the way, what time is it?


Oopss! It’s BEDdy-bye time. Nyt nyt everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment