LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Friday, January 15, 2010

BACK to school '10




Well, I always get the same feeling.  It’s back to school on Monday and every time I’m done with my new year/ mid term break I always feel like not liking to go back to school at the same time wanting it. It’s a bit silly to feel this way but I don’t know this is just one of my insanities  and I'm getting used to, oooh duh! lolol!


Anyway, okay, I choose to be excited and I’m bored already not being at school and it willl be good times again with wonderful students. Only there’ll be more mentations to do, lessons to prepare and busy to the busiest times are here again.


I have no complaints, it’s my living hahaha!


I took the photo above by the way getting that message on the board. A few students showed up in the last days of classes last year, and one class as I got into the room surprised me with that note. I wasn't mad, I just assumed it was thoughtful of them to leave that at least by not attending classes.


Now I'm thinking I should have this printed to acknowledge receiving the message. Ok, then I have more reasons to be more inspired! LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment