LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Frisky FEBRUARY

Whew! I miss writing and I feel a bit sorry for not getting my hands on blogs.



The month started out crazy, for the first time ever I lose control in classes. I oftentimes get caught up laughing right during classes but last February the first, my architecture students were just wonderful. As far as I can remember we talked on quantities, at one point discussing buying stuff and the language of it. One student in a loud voice uttered a piece of underwear that caught my attention. To add, a male student  spoke on a pack  of Modess as well. Of course, all burst into laughter and that included me.

I couldn't control myself so I turned my head on the board laughing and for seconds heck, I just couldn't stopped myself until  I cried to tears . I thought I could die of it, chuckling to death in other words so I decided to walk out from the room told my students to excuse me for a second and ran to the ladies room. Sooner, I found out that I didn't have any tissue with me making it hard to dry up my tears, then  a former student of mine came in and she was so shocked looking at her ex teacher in tears, Hahaha!, I wonder what was she thinking on the scene, she might have  thought of something! I breathed hard, pinched myself just to  manage to be calm. Then I was fine, no longer in a laughing mood so I headed back to the classroom. And this happened right at the very first day of the month. Yes, it was special thinking it was a bit of disarray yet the month started right - happy! :D



On the contrary, February is a busy time for reviews and Finals. Just this week I had this super time arranging the coverage for exams and so the review. It wasn't that easy to plan out the lessons to be covered as much as possible, it should be simplified and attainable enough. I didn't quite feel nice last Monday, I had migraine until my health finally gave in yesterday. I had it all, fever, cough and headache. Headed to bed as early as four o'clock in the afternoon as soon as I was back home. I'm doing  a lot better now I guess, at least the fever is gone and so the headache, the cough is still here though. I may get myself some cough medicines if I can manage to get out, for now I'm more concern on getting a good rest and more food to eat hehehe!






Oopps, how was the valentine's day? It was a work day so had all my time at work, then headed for grocery. After that, I had  a good sleep. We did have great pink valentine at work though and of course I took some pictures. Thought it was a great idea of the staff coming up with chocolates and valentine decors for the day. They also gave away blank pink cards for the students to do, the students did like them for sure :D
















No comments:

Post a Comment