LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bkk Flood finally came at work in Navamin

I woke up fine today, in fact a lot earlier than usual despite of having a little trouble sleeping. I then prepared to work, ironed my clothes and decided to wear my fave shoes.  It took long to wait for the bus, at some point I thought of getting a taxi but surprisingly none came. The bus came in a while and I felt contented, feeling the breeze of  a Saturday morning. I've always love the feeling, it's the same as taking a ride somewhere outside the city.


But I had no idea it would be shortened this time as the bus turned right instead of going straight. I noticed that we went past to some slightly flooded areas and thought it wasn't a big deal as yes, it's really normal to get flooded anywhere in Bangkok every after rains. It has been pretty hot and hasn't been raining these times though.


To continue the story, I had no choice but to take A WALK to work, in my three-inched-shoes! The distance is about a kilometer, good enough to exercise the heart I think. :) The water was still manageable today but impossible for me to get to Tesco Lotus or I had to walk on flood. I was glad a motorcycle came, actually was running past on me and I called the driver then I asked if it was possible for him to send me to Tesco. He said yes. I was thankful, fare is ten baht but I gave him twenty as I know how BIG his help was to me. 

It's my first to see the flooding with my own eyes.  The flood water is strange, I thought at first the rivers overflowing cause the water on the road but these waters come out from the many drainage near the sidewalk. Instead of these sucking the water in when it rains, they seep water this time resulting to flood.  Frankly, the flood water is clear though it has a distinct smell.  It hasn't reached knee-high for now and guess it isn't that worst yet in Nawamin. I could see many people wearing boots and carrying their mini-boats, but this is just near Tesco, the water could be worse in further Nawamin road  as what I can see from the cross bridge and I never had the chance to see further for real. 

I had to figure out out how to get home and then I had the motorcyle saving moment again. The driver was honest enough when I asked him to send me to the next bus stop. He said due to flooding buses (the other direction) can stop right in front of Tesco but then I thought I could still get wet with the splashes and took the ride to the next stop. I have to see how will this go tomorrow, the water should be higher by then. For now my work hasn't cancelled the classes yet .



No comments:

Post a Comment