LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lighthearted

No, this day hasn't been that ordinary as the past days. This started with an amazing scene when I had breakfast. On the other table an old man perhaps of late 70s was preparing a meal for his wife. Later, the wife asked for the man to get some food from her plate and added them to his. The moment was touching really for me looking at them as  they ate at the same time sitting side by side. I was impressed more as the woman was busy taking care of her restaurant and the old man, too was assisting her in every way and despite the situation, they still managed to have their meal together.

Later in the evening, I opted to go to this Thai restaurant that  offers dimsum food in a shopping center near my place. I couldn't read the menu and I get used to just point the photos for my order and so I did. The attendant smiled and pointed another picture, absolutely she remembered my orders  even I haven't visited the restaurant for quite a time already, this made me smile and again felt glad in some way.


I went to KFC for a scoop of twirl ice-cream after. While waiting for my twirl a child maybe of five years old went next to where I was pointing each KFC ice cream photos one by one while saying.."this is not delicious, not delicious", not delicious!". Hahahahaha..of course not all of the photos were directed. ;)

Such moments! Anyway, I bought something for me later and then  a big bottle of drinking yogurt and my mineral water.  The day has been loaded at least of  cheerful breathings.

No comments:

Post a Comment