LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Friday, December 17, 2010

Misa de Gallo / Christmas Novena-Second day



It rained yesterday afternoon unluckily, I lost my umbrealla so I thought of not coming to the church and will  hear the dawn mass instead. However, it stopped by half past six in such manner I decided to get dressed fast and went to the church after all mass will be in English and I've been longing for it.

 I took the taxi but still ended panting getting to the church,. The place where I live is the center of traffic jam and it had a couple of stops even just turning left heading to the church. Guess it took me five minutes to take the last turn alone. To make the long story short, I got there after the Gospel. Father Tamayo was the officiating priest.

The church provided  Euchalet for the  the Novena, it says "Stand Firm in Faith...Do all your work in Love". It was  a big help at least I could read the Gospel as I was late. The first reading was from Isaiah talking about salvation for all with the condition that we must "observe what is right and do what is just".  Let me quote this verse, I personally  find this  very inspiring "Thus says the Lord: Observe  what is right, do what is just; for my salvation is about to come, my justice, about to be revealed. Happy is the man who does this, the son of man who holds it; who keeps  the Sabbath free from profanation, and his hand from any evil doing". 

Oh, well I think this is not very hard for us to do, it's fine to be fair..we all want to be treated fairly and so we don't really aspire to hurt someone else by our  wrongdoings. It doesn't say of not doing anything, just reminding us to be good as much as possible. We can imagine if we all think the same way, this world can be more beautiful and peaceful...:)

The gospel was  on  John 5:33-36. That the son came to earth was sent by the Father. And Jesus stated that all His works were done by the Father. That there wasn't any need for any testimony from a human being but He said it Himself that time that what He was doing represented and reflected the works of the Father. That He performed and worked in behalf of the Father that sent Him. Jesus perfomed miracles  and many gave witness to those.

Going back to the mass, I was so happy as there  were more people in there  compared to the first night and I also saw my friend who brought me to the church last month. She was the reason why I got to Mary Help of Christians Church. She was with her family. I was surprised, too that the organizers of the mass prepared hot drinks for us and was told to get some coffee and milo plus some bread, "palitaw" and "turon"after the mass.  Raffle tickets were also sold at 200 per stub, I got one for Christmas Eve party... I still have to ask what to with this lol!

I heard though I still have to confirm that tonigh't mass will be in Thai. I think they're having it every other night, Thai,  English, then Thai and so on.

I may  go to ABAC Church in Assumption university in Soi Moo Ban Seree in Ramkhamheang road for tonight's Novena Mass as it's in English, yes, still at 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment