LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Calendar

I seldom have breakfast at home unless I'm not going to work then I either go  have my morning meal in the nearest restaurants near where I live. I have so much time  this term and I often go to this house just a few steps from my home for breakfast. The old lady maybe of eighty years old prepares the food and the husband assists as getting the plates and wash them at a time. He also serves the customers preparing glasses with ice and he often goes in and out of the house for the plates putting them back to the rack after he finishes washing about three or four plates. He also brings the rice cooker for rice refill on the display as usually  more customers come in.


One thing I like in this place is its simplicity. It feels like you are in a family and being prepared for a meal. The place is nice, this old couple opens their gate and have the tables in their front yard. While you're eating you can hear the AM radio station being played by a seemingly old radio at the same time you can enjoy watching their plants in the other side of the yard and some fishes in different pots.  Of course the old couple are also very friendly. As observed, the Thais are quite as friendly as the Filipinos and I can observe that they're basically the same in terms of dealing with neighbors.

Today was kinda  different one for me, in the past days I used to sit facing the other yard but I had the other direction today, not by choice though but availability. As I had my soup and spicy pork dish I noticed this one very thing hanging on the post.

It's a normal calendar  with marks on it. The couple I supposed the man marked the finish dates making one find it easier to distinguish the exact date of the day. I am amazed seeing the marker tied right in front of the calendar. On one hand, I realized that it's not getting interesting for me to check  the dates anymore these times. I used to have major plans for this year and sadly these I have to discard. I'm an organizer person I can't live a day without checking my itineraries however, lately I start disliking looking at it. Not that I hate the calendar but I think it doesn't feel any better when I know that whatever I do, these days come to pass and in my end these are all wasted. On the other hand, I don't like pressures so I choose to go with the flow, slow down, plan things out and see how things go in the coming days.

Time flies so quickly, loving it or not, it just is.


No comments:

Post a Comment