LIFE is BEAUTIFUL!

WISDOM

To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom. Dietrich Bonhoeffer:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.---RALPH WALDO EMERSON
glitter-graphics.com
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.---ABRAHAM LINCOLN
There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.---ALEXANDRE DUMAS
“It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones" --- Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature (1970), b.1918)
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ---Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Feelin' HIGH

It's been two weeks since the school break and here I am stuck in my place. At certain point, ,I did plan to travel outside Thailand but I thought the weather wasn't really doing well so, I changed my mind  and thought again of just going around the country. But opps, I almost forgot it isn't the safest anymore to travel alone and that would be a bit risky aside from the bad weather we're having.

I like it when it's break as I can relax, sad thing is,  if one is alone as I am, it  isn't  too easy to travel and to get anywhere at least I'm saying this now. I didn't have the same mentality few years back, I did love travelling alone and I was used to it until I got more aware and had a few experiences of the downsides of it. I concluded it could be too risky these times.


I don't like it though that these times make me feel lazy and very unproductive. I can't sleep and I can't do anything. I'm aware that there are many things I have to do but for some reasons, I just can't do anything. I'm also glued to my computer but I can't write anything until this point. hehehehe!

Why? Oh well, I decided to get out and have fun so I had this day out shopping just shopping.  I wanted also to try Krispy Kreme at Siam Paragon but goodness we have only one branch here and queues are really long. I tried getting back there three times but the long lines were discouraging. I treated myself with Burger King's Whooper Junior instead. I love whooper and I think it is the tastiest patty of all the burgers. Oh wait. thought I'd be talking about shopping yes, I was checking new bags and shoes but didn't like any and finally I got myself a new Guess wallet. I love it's so cool! I wanted to get the bag of the same design but I noticed a bit scratch on it so  why should I? Yes, both were the last items displayed the rest are of different colors. I love the buy as I got forty percent off. The nearest mall to my home gives  until thirty percent only as far as I've noticed.



After Paragon, I headed to Central World and I was amazed they now have an ice skating rink. Saw some playing ice hockey in there. It was quiet in Central World today, not many people going around and even in shops.  Siam Paragon was crowded and  there were plenty of customer at the restaurants were even at past lunch. Going back to Central World, I was glad to find out that XXII Forever was on sale, the shop has lots and lots and lots of variety from dresses to accessories. I was fascinated on how unique the bling-blings were so got myself some bracelets, ring and earrings. Unbelievable, I got sets of them! And that made me soo happy! Hahahaha! Those were just cute! checked some clothes, too but I told myself it was too much to get more, I mean, I spent enough so I must control. lol!

After Central, I went to Amarin. I saw the ad that the shops were on brand name sale and it was so right. Lots of dresses at very, very good buys but none could fit me. Even size 1 is still big for my size hahaha! It  was the best excuse to stop extra purchase. Hahaha!

Then, I went to Tesco Lotus to get a new plastic drawer. I had my dinner at Fuji  first that is one of my fave Japanese restaurants and then did some groceries and yes, the plastic drawer. Finally, I got here in my room with my shopping bags on my left and the plastic drawer on the other hand at past ten in the evening, and yes, the day made me feel high . I  did use much energy and the day 'till evening made me smile more and here I am....still smiling writing this.  And by the way, I'm on the third floor and my building has no elevator! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment